Fire

Discussion in 'Community' started by thecow, Mar 28, 2004.

1. thecow macrumors 6502

I had a chimney fire last week at my house. Luckily no one got hurt except for the chimney. There were 6 fire engines, 2 helicopters, 2 police cars, and 1 ambulance. We use our fireplace to help heat the house and the last person that cleaned the chimney did a very bad job. Now our whole house smells like smoke, but it is starting to go away. My friend took the pictures. Pictures

2. Dippo macrumors 65816

Dippo

That sounded really fun...

Look on the bright side, at least the house didn't burn down :)

Glad everyone's okay.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm glad nobody was hurt.

The chimney at our house was destroyed by an earthquake a few years back. One of the thrills of living in California. Many of our neighbors also lost chimneys, and we thought ours survived because we didn't have bricks all over the roof like the neighbors. It turns out that our chimney collapsed inwards instead.

4. thecow thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I was pretty bored when it happened so it was kind of entertaining watching all of the firemen. Most of the kids in the neighborhood came over to watch too.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Didn't the pile of bricks in your fireplace clue you in? ;) :D

paul

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sometimes I'm a little dense, but not as dense as bricks. That would have been a hard clue to miss! The bricks managed to wedge themselves into the upper inner portion of the chimney so they never made it all the way to the bottom. They probably would have been knocked the rest of the way down eventually by another quake (or a visit by The Grinch).

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm very sorry to hear about your house fire thecow. As you stated the most important thing is that no one was hurt. Hopefully you will be able to fix the house without any hassle.

8. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Hay, who are the "blond" girls at the pictures? are they your sisters? do you have more pics? :rolleyes: