Firebird icon still exists after uninstallation!!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by willlah, Nov 29, 2003.

1. willlah macrumors newbie

helllo everyone..i just installed firebird, but i decided to stick to my safari browser...after removing the application icon and the pheonix folder, i believei completely uninstalled firebird..but when i open my safari to change my default browser back to safari..i found out that the firebird logo is still in the menu! after restarting my computer, it disappears..but i was wondering if there are anything left (like a logo file) in the system that i need to remove..because i hate files that are left in my computer after uninstall (like Windows does sometimes) thanks!

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Heh, if you're so anal about files being left behind, just reinstall the OS every time you uninstall something from the system.

3. SBG88 macrumors regular

It'll go away after a restart and a permission fix. Or ...maybe not.

4. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

in the menu ? Do you mean in the dock ? *g*

otherwise open the terminal and do:
    Code:
    cd /Applications
    rm -rf "Mozilla\ Firebird" or whatever you have called it

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

In other news the rudeness quotient of the human population of earth just shot up 10%, scientists attribute this massive spike to some random post on the Web.

Give the guy a break. It’s an annoyance and no one likes annoyances. He asked a simple question. No need to bite his head off. :rolleyes: