Firefly....holy crap

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Nov 17, 2005.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I really should have found another thread to bump up here, but I'm too depressed. I remember when Firefly first aired I thought "I should watch that" but never got around to it. Then I noticed that 90% of this community raves about it, but I figured it was all the hippies talking :). Anyway, my wife and I figured we'd Netflix it just to see what it was all about. So we just finished Disc 4. Now we're incredibly depressed that its over. That was an incredible show. I guess the subscription model still has its place (movies/tv).

Just to ask, is Serenity as good as the show? And what about Buffy/Angel. That was actually a turn off when I found out that Firefly was from the creator of those shows (thought they were tacky). But, Wheadon did an amazing job. It was like each character had his/her own writer - inter-character dialogue was so natural and the characters themselves were so distinct yet consistent - amazing!

Anyway, sorry about this thread....amazing...

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I shared your pain this past June, when I first saw the series on DVD. I remember the sadness of watching the final episode of the show, thinking "Oh God, this is the last one!"

"Serenity" is a great movie but beware that it's going to punch you in the gut a few times.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

4. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

5. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

I just bought the series on DVD after watching two episodes at a friends house. I watched all the episodes really quickly and wanted to see the movie too. I just saw the movie last Friday at the show and it was good. Different pace than the series, which is understandable but still a solid movie. You don't want to be spoiled though so don't go poking around the internet about the movie until you go see it.

Enjoy! :cool:

6. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

The movie was great.

I couldn't stand Buffy/Angel prior to seeing Firefly.

But since I liked Firefly so much I decided to give Buffy a shot, seeing as though alot of the same people are just as fanatical about that show. I rented the first season from Netflix and I kind of like it.

If you are interested I would suggest at least checking out a disc or two from Netflix.

And I believe the Serenity DVD is due out next month!