Firefox 2.0 problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wallock, Nov 2, 2006.

1. wallock, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

wallock macrumors member

2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

I have read posts of people that were having Firefox 2.0 crash a lot. I have had it installed since the day it was released and it hasn't crashed yet...I have actually had it open for like 4 days and no problems. Kind of weird. Only thing I can think is to make sure you have everything updated.

3. wallock, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

wallock thread starter macrumors member

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If you were using Firefox 1.0 - 1.5, you might have several hundred bookmarks files. Check within your user files under yourusername/Library/Application Support/Firefox and you should see bookmarks.html but may see bookmarks001.html or some such. Deleting them will also free a lot of space, depending on how much you browse.

At one point after installing 1.5.0.7, I ended up deleting my whole Firefox directory to clean up things, having saved the bookmarks file. It stabilised things quite a bit, though I had to re-enter data and settings.

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

I've seen several people with this problem as well, when updating from 1.5. I've seen 3 instances alone with co-workers/friends, and in each instance, doing a fresh install from a .dmg of Firefox 2.0 has fixed it.

What I'd suggest doing is trashing both Firefox.app and the Firefox folder in ~/Library/Application Support and then install Firefox 2.0 from scratch.
    Just uninstalling/reinstalling without trashing the Firefox folder (you want to get rid of the Profile folder, but might as well get rid of the parent folder), you're not doing yourself much good.

6. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

I did a simple install to the applications folder when I first upgraded to 2.0 and experienced some issues.

I would like others said delete from both the application and the library folder for that app and do a fresh reinstall.

7. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

I've got the same problem with firefox 2.0 and MS office 2004. I understand why Office 2004 takes long to load, but why do I get the rainbow wheel whenever I open a new tab in firefox 2.0?

Should I delete all firefox files and application and re-install firefox 2.0 again?

Where can I find them?