firefox 2.0 won't print webpages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by souta, Feb 26, 2007.

1. souta macrumors newbie

I can't print anything from firefox 2.0.0.2. I can print from safari. Am using new iMac20, OS X4.8, brother hl-5250dn printer.

I checked firefox support thread, noticed that other Mac users were having same problem. Firefox tech offered no OS X solutions (did have some solutions for windows printing issues).

When I hit command-p, a small menu appears instantly in the middle of the screen, then disappears so quickly I can't read it. Then nothing happens, no printing, no nothing. When I go to print menu and click preview, same thing happens. A brief flash of small screen and then nothing.

I've scanned the threads here but didn't find anyone else who has had this problem. Any suggestions?

(note: firefox has performed well other than this, not many crashes. I'd use safari more but can't figure out how to list bookmarks along the side like in firefox.)

souta

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

does a new profile help?

3. souta thread starter macrumors newbie

Creating a new profile didn't help. Still couldn't print.

Since I had to use terminal to get to the change profile window, terminal was still open when printing failed. Here is the message that showed in terminal:

WARNING: Font "Times" with style 0 can't be handled by the imaging system. This document can't be drawn/printed with this font.

So I went to preferences to change the default font. I tried printing again, same message. Not sure I want to take all the Times fonts out of my system. What do you think?

souta

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Printer driver issue, perhaps? Try going to the Brother site and looking for a newer driver than the one you have for your printer. Also, if your printer came with some other software, perhaps that software installed a corrupt font. There are utilities that exist to check for bad fonts, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. :confused:

5. souta thread starter macrumors newbie

Well…Now it is printing!

Perhaps by changing the default font in Firefox worked.

souta