firefox 2 and 10.4.8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AudiGuy, Dec 16, 2006.

1. AudiGuy macrumors regular

i've been having type issues with ff 2. somtimes i can't type anything in the window and have to open a new one for it to work properly again. anyone else having this problem?

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

which window do you mean, the web address or some window that opens op on a website like macrumors to type a post?

3. AudiGuy thread starter macrumors regular

both anything in that window. its annoying when i try to fill something out and all of a sudden i cant input anymore type. gotta open a new browser window and start over

4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

that's very odd. have you downloaded notebook by google recently? I have noticed it kicks me out of what I am typing sometimes if I have highlighted the text. other than that, I presume and if not would suggest run disk utility. Then if that does not work go into your HD and drag the plist for firefox out, a new one will appear right away.

5. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

I used to have the same problem on my macbook w/ 10.4.8. It just kinda disappeared after a while :p

6. scott523 macrumors 6502a

This problem usually occurs when you close a separate flash-based window (like a flash game, etc) and then return to the main window, which you'll find that you can't type. An easy way to get around this problem is to switch to another application then come back to Firefox 2.0.

7. phuong macrumors 6502a

just wait a few secs and it'll be all fine.
    happened to my MP, MBP and MB
    and both .4.7 and .4.8