Firefox accessing bookmarks without a mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by darbsrewop, Feb 5, 2006.

1. darbsrewop macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    The current way I go and retrive one of my 1000's of bookmarks in firefox is that I move my mouse up to booksmarks then choose the bookmark that I want. Is there an easier way to do this beside hitting Apple key + B and having the side bar pop out?

Many thanks
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    What exactly do you have in mind... do you want keyboard shortcuts for specific bookmarks? Do you use hierarchical folders with your bookmarks? Please tell me you don't have thousands of bookmarks, all at the root level of the bookmarks list. :eek:

What I personally do is to put a bunch of folders in the bookmarks bar. That way, I have a series of pull-downs at the top of the window, and each one has a goodly number of bookmarks and/or subfolders. It doesn't take that much clicking or any scrolling.

If you want keyboard shortcuts, I think that can be done. But could you please explain more about what you want?
  3. darbsrewop thread starter macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    Yes keyboard shortcuts would be handy. I was exageratting about the 1000's I have them in folders but I'm getting tired of moving my mouse up and clicking.
  4. zurich6263 macrumors newbie

May 5, 2009
    Firefox accessing bookmarks without a mouse

Did anyone figure this out ?
  5. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006

Since firefox is pushing the new awesome bar since 2008, the usability of bookmarks and history menu items is not going to be focused very much.

The bug reports are there, I just dont see they working on them. Which, AFAIK, is understandable and reasonable, awesome bar is just so much better than those, as far as usability is concerned.