Firefox and favicons in tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkrishnan, Dec 24, 2006.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Okay, so siteicons / favicons / picons / whatevahcons really annoy me, right? And I figured out how to disable the showing of custom favicons, so that everything in FF is always represented by the standard blue ball.

Now then. In FF2, they finally added close icons to the tabs. Yayness. But now there are annoying favicons in the tabs (which for some reason default to the sheet-of-paper type favicon in this location once custom favicons are disabled).

This is the favicon I am talking about:

[​IMG]

Is there a trick to get rid of these? Pwease??? :(

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1 with the GRapple (EOS -- btw why is it called EOS anyway? :confused: ) theme.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

close firefox
    in your userChrome.css
    add
    save, and open your browser.

ps, this is the location of the suerChrome.css file
    [​IMG]

3. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thank you! :) Merry Christmas, Clevin! :D

One more question, if anyone knows... has anyone else had the experience that the close buttons on the individual tabs sometimes shift back and forth between displaying on every tab (which is the setting to which browser.tabs.closeButtons is set in about:config) to only showing one on the active tab? That just happened to me when I reset Firefox, although the favicons are gone now. It's happened eratically before that, also, though... :confused:

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

only case i know is that if you have too many tabs, when the tab bar is full, and each tab's width reaches certain minimum, the close button will not be shown on inactive tabs.

5. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I will have to watch it more closely and see if that's really the only time it's happening, and I'm just missing the connection. :eek: They are back right now, for what it's worth, although I'm on only four tabs at the moment. So yeah, it could be that I just missed that. :eek: Thanks again!