Firefox and open at Login

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Jul 28, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

I usually check the "Open at Login" option for Firefox, as I have it in the dock. Always works, but with the last update, 1.06, at login, 1.05 keeps coming up and it isn't on my Mac, or at least "Spotlight" can't find it?? Any thoughts about what's up??

Thanks.
    Frank

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Maybe try deleting Firefox from your login items and then adding it back again.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Actually, that was the first thing I did. Seems like something is still on the Mac that is being seen first at login?? No biggie, but just annoying<g>.

Frank

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Uncheck the "Open at login" and delete the current Firefox dock icon. Find FF 1.0.6 in the Applications folder and drag that over to the Dock. Check that icon and try again.

I had lots of similar problems with Firefox updates and old dock icons, and replacing the dock icon always worked. (I'm back to using Safari, now.)

5. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Uncheck the "Open at login" and delete the current Firefox dock icon. Find FF 1.0.6 in the Applications folder and drag that over to the Dock. Check that icon and try again.<,

Did that too! That was the 2nd thing I did <g>.

>>I had lots of similar problems with Firefox updates and old dock icons, and replacing the dock icon always worked. (I'm back to using Safari, now.)<<

This may be option #3!!
    I've tried Camino, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Frank

6. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

OK, try adding firefox to login items the old-fashioned (ie pre-tiger) way. Go to System Preferences -> Accounts, and add the login item using the plus button.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If 1.05 is still coming up, then it's on your Mac somewhere! How could it be running if you don't have a copy of it? :D So the first thing to do is figure out where it's hiding and get rid of it.

8. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Good point. Note that doing a Spotlight search for "Firefox 1.05" probably won't reveal anything. Do a Spotlight search for "Firefox" and then in the results trash the one with the version number 1.05 in "Get Info"

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Or else, let Firefox 1.05 run, and then run Activity Monitor or ps -aux | grep -i firefox.app -- both of them should be able to give you a path to the file that's actually running. :)