Firefox as a religion (linky)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mav451, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

There's a certain sense of irony here. A online blogger is calling out against the supposed Firefox evangelists...and I can't help but think this is startling similar to all the blogs that complain about the supposed Mac "evangelists".

Hehe, anyway here's the link:
    http://poptech.blogspot.com/
    http://techreport.com/ja.zz?comments=7958 << the resulting comments (read these).

2. brap macrumors 68000

Once something isn't "That damn ****ing computer never works" you become a zealot. You will be called names.

3. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I smell an evil MSIE minion. I say, let those MSIE minions rot with their bloated browser.

I'm a little surprised at how many Windows users are finally dumping IE like the pile of crap that it is. I see more and more Windows users talking about FF, which I think is very good sign considering it's only a v1.0 product. :cool:

4. whocares macrumors 65816

whocares

Because we all know IE is the "true" standard... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

5. VincentVega macrumors regular

I think he makes some good points. Some - but not all - Firefox converts seem to take it too far - further than is reasonable. You might get someone asking how to use the pop-up blocker on IE6 and someone will reply "WTF??? You're using IE6? u looser [sic]! Firefox is teh gr8e5t!!!!!!!!!111111111". I find it all fairly annoying, to be honest. I used IE on a Mac just after OS X came out - it was shockingly bad - truly awful. The PC version is better, but still not great. Where's the tab support, true PNG compatibility, etc, etc?

Firefox is a good browser, but I much prefer Opera. But I don't try and ram my views down the throats of others.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, if we're measuring crap, then yeah.

7. Punani macrumors regular

Punani

There's a thin line where zeal of a item turns into intolerance. :(

However, with regards to Firefox, I'm sure this certainly shows where unbridled fandom can go...

8. brap macrumors 68000

Ah, so true.

Anime imagery has many uses; all of them stupid. At least these cutesie - stylised children have all some clothes on.

9. Mav451 thread starter macrumors 68000

Mav451

I'll let the dots represent what I feel about that site.

10. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This guy is an a*s. Just because people prefer to live without hassle and like to tell others how to enjoy an experience doesn't mean they are geeky, cultish, followers with too much time on their hands.