Firefox Ate my Downloads?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by agentphish, May 5, 2005.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Hello all,

I am having a wierd glitch w/ firefox, I do alot of live music downloading via torrents. IT IS ALL LEGAL. http://bt.etree.org LEGAL LIVE MUSIC from bands who allow recordings....

Anyhow when I click to DL a .torrent file from this site or several other torrent sites i use for live music, firefox brings up the window asking me what i'd like to do with the file, as usual, save it or open it. I select save it and nothing happens. it seems as though the file downloaded but it never shows up.

Any ideas?

2. kerpow macrumors 6502

Odd, by default Firefox saves files to the desktop so they should show up there.

However, it is much easier to configure Firefox Download Manager to automatically open these file types with Azureus (or whatever Bitorrent client you use). You can do this either in Fx Preferences or the next time you open a torrent file.

Frankly it sounds like you don't have a Bitorrent client installed at all though.

3. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

LOL i'd like to know how it sounds like I dont have a client installed from what I wrote in my question.

Anyways, I do have one installed, and i like to save torrents so I can come back to them at a later time and help to seed for those who need it in the live music scene. W/O that torrent file its kind of difficult to do. Thats why i save them and not auto-open them.