Firefox challenges Explorer

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Stampyhead, Nov 9, 2004.

1. macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

2. macrumors 68000

russed

quite frankly it serves microsoft right. they have let internet explorer slip so far the cometition it doesnt even deserve to be that much used as it is

3. macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Yep, they sure deserve all the competition they can get, and it do look like they're getting some now. I think way over half the people I know use firefox, safari or camino...

Hopefully things like firefox and iPod will generally open up peoples eyes to alternatives to m$... yes, I think there might still be hope...

A

4. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Nice article. Cnet is recommending ppl to use firefox over IE. Actually I've seen a lot of sites doing that lately, just because of the holes in IE.

5. macrumors 6502

even places like colleges (who tend to always make you use explorer) are recommending firefox.

i think that microsoft has actually silently conceeded to firefox. It seems they have dropped explorer. Thank god.

6. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

That reminds me, I told my teacher about it in Web Design, he put Firefox on all of the computers there. I was running it first and that, and I showed it to him and he installed it on every computer remotely. Gosh I love what macs can do.

7. macrumors 65816

1macker1