Firefox: First impressions

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 18, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Nice, a review of Firefox from a macuser's viewpoint; I'd like to see more.

I don't think he's used it enough to see OS X Firefox's bugginess compared to the Windows version...

Thanks for the submission!

3. macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

I diffently agree about the bookmarks. This is the main reason I have not totally switched. I'm too lazy to cut and past all of the url's.

I do disagree about the page rendering. On my Mac (DP G5 2.0) Firefox renders noticablly faster.

I do like the polished look of Safarri. I guess the platinum look has grown on me.

One thing I do find annoying with Firefox is the reaction of the scroll ring on my Kensington Turbo Mouse. If a page has scrollable frames such as this message board, you have to click out of the text box to activate scrolling for the main window. With Safarri all I do slide the cursor out the text box and scroll down while leaving the text box active. It's small thing though.

4. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Check out the comments thread on the article. There are a couple different ways to move your bookmarks to Firefox: you can either export using the debug menu, or use the Safari Bookmark Exporter app. Then import into Firefox using the "import" command under Bookmarks Manager.

5. macrumors 68040

shamino

I've been using it (on both platforms) for well over a year and I haven't seen this either. The only Firefox bugs I've personally encountered exist on both platforms.

6. Moderator emeritus

Until version 1.0 RC2, there were a lot of Mac only bugs. It seems that everything is pretty much the same now.

7. macrumors 603

wordmunger

Re: Windows versus Mac Firefox errors.

Not really an issue for Mac users, anyway, is it? After all, we're Mac users because we don't want to use Windows.