Firefox is not speedy anymore

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hunts121, May 29, 2005.

1. Hunts121 macrumors regular

Mar 21, 2005
    I've been having a problem with Firefox on my mac, it is soooo slow and unresponsive. It takes forever for it load web pages. I mean My 4 year old windows machine loads them faster, much faster. I know its something to do with my Mac too as Safari does the same thing, only not as bad. Any idea as to what could be causing the slowdown? The only thing I've really done lately is install Adobe Photoshp CS2 and SideTrack (its a PowerBook)...any help would be very much appreciated
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    How much HD space do you have left on the drive?
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Well, Tiger doesn't seem to be too FireFox friendly. When I finally got FireFox working again after upgrading (after receiving help here at the forums) I thought FireFox was very slow.

I actually have been almost exclusively using Safari for almost a month now, and apart from the superior Find... function in FireFox and Adblock's unique ability to remove annoying flash contents from certain sites, I don't really miss my Fox... I've almost decided to switch back to Safari. I only have to test whether Safari really has started working with some of the more complex function in my internet bank (like paying bills) but I haven't had the need for any of those for quite some time (most bills are being paid automatically).