Firefox on Mac....and then on Windows.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iQuit, Aug 21, 2005.

1. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

[​IMG]

I went to the Ford SVT site on my Mac and it works fine...but I just bought a new PC and in Firefox it like cuts off a lot of the page, this is a flash site. Can anyone help?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This is a Firefox bug, not a PC bug. The linked page displays differently in each of three different Gecko-based browsers that I tested. In Camino, it displays perfectly. In Firefox, it displays as posted above. In Sea Monkey, the top banner displays mid-window. It seems that the Mozilla Group has work to do.

3. iQuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

iQuit

Also, I noticed that sometimes Firefoz won't download things....but things will download perfect on IE. Like when I try to save a file besides a picture it just stays there or sometimes a green bar moves through it, and if I click retry a few times it might work. Is this a Firefox bug or should I re-install windows XP? Also I have the latest version of Firefox.

4. iQuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

iQuit

Wow, everything works on my puter except some things in firefox such as downloads sometimes and animated gifs.....what do I do?

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Now you really getting silly. We have resolved that Firefox has some bugs. Firefox is also opensource. You may run Firefox, bugs and all. You may switch to a less buggy browser like Safari or Camino. You may download the source code and fix the bugs.