Firefox or Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pauloribeiro13@, Jan 24, 2006.

1. pauloribeiro13@ macrumors newbie

pauloribeiro13@

Hi, i like to know what should I use:
    Firefox or Safari?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Whatever you like best...

And why stop at those two, what about Shiira, Camino, Opera, OmniWeb, etc. etc.? ;)

Search or browse a bit if you want to know which browsers people prefer, and why... there are hundreds of threads on the topic already, literally...

3. pauloribeiro13@ thread starter macrumors newbie

pauloribeiro13@

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I like safari more than firefox, but i need to use firefox for some sites, but that list goes down over time. Safari has a better interface in my opinion.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Nero? Burning tool? I don't think so... Toast is the de facto standard for burning on Macs... :)

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Try searching on "browser" in the title for the last 6 months, you'll get plenty of threads returned to you.

7. Porphyro macrumors newbie

I run Firefox on our PC's, but after experimenting with Firefox, Safari, and Camino, I chose Camino. Firefox features with OS X integration.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

firefox for PC, safari on mac. I use to use FF on Mac as well but it kept choking on flash sites so I switched.

If it were as stable on OS X as on PC I'd probably still use it, but it's not.

9. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

10. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

GRRR! Why do people keep asking this? :mad:

The answer is, neither. You should use Camino.

Actually, the real answer is, do a forum search for "browser", read what people have to say, and make up your own mind.

11. steelfist macrumors 6502a

i just tried camino today and man! stridey you are right! i haven't completly migrated my bookmarks, and cookies to it but i can say for sure: camino is better than firefox. so the choice should be: camino or safari, or other browsers like opera.

firefox is good, but there is a program called camino that is exactally the same as firefox but is native on mac osx.

12. Thomas Harte macrumors 6502

Firefox has far and away the best ad blocking capability if you download the Adblock extension, but Safari renders much more quickly and has better standards compliance (if the Acid2 test is to be believed). I know Camino works better with OS X than Firefox, but also lacking decent ad blocking I've never really understood its niche. So then maybe I should be the one searching old "browser" threads.

On the topic of browsers generally, don't forget to get the PDF Browser plugin for PDF viewing in all of the significant browsers. After living with the "integration" of Adobe Acrobat with browsers on the Windows platform I'm constantly amazed by this piece of software - it's very unobtrusive and goes a very long way to making PDFs just work like any other web page.

13. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

Im a diehard safari user. It lets you just get on with the internet, a bar across the top, tabs and a bookmarks bar - what more could you want (its very fast in 10.4.4 on m intelimac too)