firefox problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freyqq, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Dec 13, 2004
    For some reason, firefox isn't loading pages sometimes. You have to keep pressing reload or else it just hangs. Is this a common problem? How can i fix this or when are they going to patch it? Thanks.
  2. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    1. check other browsers with same website to make sure its not connection problem. if so, check your network connection settings
    2. clear cookie and caches
    3. rename profile folders

note, u only try #3 if other don't work, u will lose bookmarks, passwords, extensions, themes with #3 (u can backup bookmarks and passwords tho)
  3. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

Dec 13, 2004
    safari works fine and cookie/caches clearing doesn't appear to work

is this a common problem or am I the only one?

also, I'm using the most recent version of firefox.
  4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    errr. if clearing cookie/cache doesn't do the trick, the your case is unique in my memory (of course, if there is some sort of extension conflict, nobody can be sure).
    does rename of your profile folder solve the problem?
  5. skwij macrumors 6502

Apr 10, 2006
    Belleville, ON, Canada
    Try using a different version, as usually the "newer" versions can be a bit buggy.

I'm on 2.0 and it's rock solid, and compatible with all my extensions (and believe me I have a lot of them)

If you'd rather the release, just replace the 2.0 in the above link with

Don't rename the profile folder! Just drag it to the desktop, with firefox closed, and then start it up. That will automatically start it with a new profile name, and if the bugginess is gone, you can just drag/drop your bookmarks etc over into the new profile folder.
  6. dnordstrom macrumors member

Mar 12, 2007
    I recommend trying Camino and Opera, or just use Safari, as Firefox is highly overrated in my opinion.