Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
First, since no one has sang its praises recently, how great is PithHelmet? Every once in a great while (like once a month or less) I turn the content filter off for some reason, and it's only then I notice how amazingly close it is to 100%, together with Safari's built-in pop-up blocker, at getting rid of the mess. I hardly ever see ads. Phenomenal....

Anyway, so I use Firefox too, mostly on PC, but it is a good browser, and it does still handle a few things Safari doesn't *cough* badly-written Java applets *cough*.

Anyway, the question. How do you get Firefox to filter out ads that are in Flash format?

TreeHugger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2004
mkrishnan said:
First, since no one has sang its praises recently, how great is PithHelmet? Every once in a great while (like once a month or less) I turn the content filter off for some reason, and it's only then I notice how amazingly close it is to 100%, together with Safari's built-in pop-up blocker, at getting rid of the mess. I hardly ever see ads. Phenomenal....

Anyway, so I use Firefox too, mostly on PC, but it is a good browser, and it does still handle a few things Safari doesn't *cough* badly-written Java applets *cough*.

Anyway, the question. How do you get Firefox to filter out ads that are in Flash format?

look for an extension called adblock. It should have a translucent tab around a flashbased advert, which you can click to hide it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.