Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
Recently I downloaded Firefox because Safari won't open some stuff for school that I need. FireFox is great, its just that now it won't work at all. I had it for about a week, then I turned my iMac on and clicked on it, but nothing, there's just a huge question mark over it.

So it just sits there with a question mark over the firefox logo in my dock. Right clicking, or opening at login does not work. I appreciate the help guys!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
A question mark in the dock typically means that the original app has been deleted or moved. Check the spot where you installed it, and put it back where it belongs (or install a fresh copy if Spotlight or whatever can't find it).

RollTide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
Alabama
Yeah, I was afraid of that. No luck in Spotlight, and I just emptied the trash, guess I'll get a new copy Thanks!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It sounds as if you didn't drag the application into the /Applications folder. Look at the images in the disk image background. It shows that you need to drag it there. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.