Firefox Right Click problems??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AndyR, Dec 13, 2005.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Hiya all, problem using firefox 1.5 which is starting to pee me of a bit.

On my XP PC (urgh) at work I can go into bookmarks or an RSS Live Bookmark, expand the list and Right Click an item / Open in New Tab. Cool.

Problem is, on my Mac at home as soon as a right click on an item in a live bookmark it opens up in the current open tab. If I want to open several items of a live bookmark I have to manually open a tab for each and the go into each tab, click the link, goto next tab etc...

I'm fairly new to Macs (August 05 Mac Mini) and have always had this problem with each version of Firefox I try.

Any ideas?? :confused:

2. FiIip macrumors newbie

I'm sorry for refreshing old thread but I still didn't come with any idea how to solve this problem... Can anybody help new member of mac community?:)

3. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Never found out how to do it either sorry :(

4. jbuk macrumors regular

Cmd-click on the live bookmark entry. This works with virtually everything else in firefox too, even the back-forward button dropdowns.

5. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

OH MY GOD!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can't believe I never stumbled across this before, but thank you so much, so appreciate it!

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That's strange, because Command-Click + Right Click

It's a workaround, not a solution to the problem.

Did you try replacing the Firefox plist file?

org.mozilla.firefox.plist

Find it in Users>yourUserName>Library>Preferences and move it to the Desktop. Then restart Firefox. It will create a new one. If your right click works, then toss the file you moved. If not, try running Firefox from another User Account.

7. FiIip macrumors newbie

So this cmd-click shortcut works, but as you said it's only a workaround. I tried changing this .plist file but it didn't change anything at all. Running Firefox from another User Account didn't help me neither.

I will appreciate any further ideas to solve this problem...

PS I hope that you can understand my posts, sorry about my english:)

8. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No, Command Click is not the same as Right Click (as I assume you meant to say). Control Click would be the same as Right Click.

If you want, you can change your mouse settings, or you may be able to modify something in about:config to change the behavior, but what you're seeing (right click not opening in a new tab) is both normal and expected in any Mac application.

jW

9. FiIip macrumors newbie

I know that right-click doesn't open link in a new tab. But when I right-click on "foldered" bookmarks nothing happends, while there should be a window with "open in a new tab", "delete" etc.

I hope you understand what I mean.

I want this window:
    [​IMG]

After I right-click on one of this bookmarks:
    [​IMG]