Firefox & Safari problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daveway, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I just got a new mac and i have firefox and safari. Every time i use either one of them i always get the "server cannot be found" error. I usually have to click a link 2-3X just to get to it. This goes for urls as well. Is there an solution for this or is this normal behavior?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

sounds like a dns problem to me.

To confirm see if you can access this IP - http://17.112.152.32

If so, check with your ISP about any DNS problems, or reset your modem.

3. Daveway thread starter macrumors 68040

Daveway

That link worked the first time but all too often i get "this site cannot be found..try again" and then usuallly when i try agian it will show up. Its just a real pain.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Or...

Find out your ISP's DNS servers IP addresses and enter them manually, others here have reported problems like this, and putting in their DNS entries manually has fixed the problem.

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Yes, it is a DNS drop problem. It has nothing to do with Safari or FireFox, its your modem and ISP issue.

I have had this issue also and I called my ISP, it was the cable line that had above average power requirements. Your cable line might be tested by your ISP. However in my case it was a faulty modem and it was replaced since I have had both issues first was with the cable line and second a faulty modem.