Firefox Scrolling Annoyance

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Capt Underpants, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I have a Logitech Mx 510. I have one button set to the command "Apple+Up arrow" and another button to "Apple+Down Arrow". This is supposed to make it go to the top and bottom of the page. It works in Safari, but not in Firefox. Even when I press the key combination on the keyboard, the action does not work. Any ideas how to fix this?

2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

on a powerbook, you could try Fn+(Up/Down) Arrow, on an apple proKB, you could try the page up and page down buttons. firefox for mac is still based on the old netscape. they're going to release a new version eventually that is up to modern spec.

good luck

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it's supposed to be Fn+ left and right, or home and end respectively. And it shouldn't hurt you too much, because Home and End act like they're supposed to in both Firefox and Safari, so if you change it, it should be ok. Course they don't work in Word.X, but I guess you can't win 'em all... :rolleyes:

4. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

The logitech control center didn't have an fn+ modifier key, so I ended up using the end and home buttons. Thank you guys for the quick responses!

Another question: How do I import my Safari bookmarks into Firefox? I tried file/import, but it won't let me click next, or choose a directory to take the bookmarks from.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, lazy days hanging around on the internet instead of doing school work. ;) Well, this is the last one.

What do you mean, won't let you click next? Oh, I looked and I see what you're doing. It takes a couple of steps, and it's confusing. The menu you're using is for importing from other Mozzer browsers. ;)

1) You have to export bookmarks in Safari as an HTML file. You need the debug menu to do this (it's right in the debug menu). If you don't have the debug menu enabled, linkety: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20030110063041629

2) Don't use the File / Import from the main Firefox menus. Instead, Click Bookmarks / Manage Bookmarks. *Then* choose File / Import and select the HTML file.

I think it's an HTML file, IIRC. Whatever Safari outputs is the same thing Firefox needs.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Oooh, speaking of the Safari Debug menu...well, *I* was speaking of the Safari debug menu, so I guess, I should say...

Oooh, going blatantly off-topic :D, can anyone tell me for extra points what in the world the "Go to About:Blank soon" menu option is for? That gets my pick as strangest feature I've seen in a browser. When you click it, your Mac starts beeping, and then after a few seconds changes the page to About:Blank. :p

7. Capt Underpants thread starter macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Thank you, mkrishnan! Now go do your school work!!!

I'm now completely swithed to firefox :D :cool: :D

8. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I don't know, but its oddly fun to do.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I know...I'm thinking about switching back to Safari for it! :D