1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Firefox Sets The Bar For Mac Adoption

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 27, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

Seasought

Yes, Firefox is great.

Moving along...:D

3. macrumors Core

can't say that i exactly agree with that article. some interesting points, but then again no hard figures really either.

4. macrumors 603

solvs

Well, it is nice to have both work the same way on a Mac and a PC. Makes going between work machines with XP, my home PC with 2000, and my iMac easier for surfing. Safari is nice and all, but I like FF's extensions. And the GO button. Gotta have a GO button.

5. Moderator

yellow

Staff Member

They should start posting "AppleMatters:" in the title/submission text, so I can stop wasting my time. :mad:

6. macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

I beg to differ. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 65816

jackc

Heh?

8. macrumors 68020

dubbz

I think what the author was trying to say was that "saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is a great understatement". Or something like that.

"saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is like saying that getting stabbed in the face is mildly annoying"

"saying the IE it isn’t the best browsing experience available is like saying that a gutshot kinda hurts"

I least that's what I think he ment. I'm not really sure, to be honest.

9. macrumors 65816

Seasought

I'm perfectly happy with Safari. My only interest in Firefox is if I get bored with the look of Safari and want to use themes that correlate with my desktop.

10. macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

Extensions aside, I can't see why anyone would choose Firefox on OS X over Camino. So much nicer, but renders pages the same because they're both Mozilla-based.