Firefox still trumps Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by QFace, Apr 29, 2005.

1. QFace macrumors member

Oct 19, 2003
    Calgary, AB
    I was expecting to use Safari after the release of Tiger, but alas, I'm still stuck on Firefox. Safari still takes longer to load the application and takes MUCH longer to load a website than Firefox.

VLC still seems faster than Quicktime 7 as well... it can handle video when there are a lot of other programs running much better than Quicktime can.

2. shidoshi macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2004
    I really like Safari, but FireFox still trumps it in a few important ways. (Far better searching for text on a page, far better search box instead of just Google.)

As far as video players, I like the new QT Player, but yes, it still doesn't play enough codecs, even with plug-ins. But pretty much every main video player on OSX is a bit of a let down, as non of them have any sort of video library. (Think iTunes, but for movies.)
  3. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    I think FireFox Sucks for the Mac. But Rules for the PC
  4. inlimbo macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    The one that rules about Safari is the fact you can save webpages as PDF files! I love this feature and use it all the time. If u wanna do it with firefox you have to buy Acrobat which will cost a pretty penny! I only use Safari for this PDF saving option. If I could do it with Firefox then I would stop using Safari altogether.
  5. bubbamac macrumors 6502

Dec 24, 2003
    Um... 'Print,' then 'Save as PDF.'

Done. Welcome to Firefox.