Firefox text issues...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benneh, Jan 20, 2007.

1. benneh macrumors member

Oct 20, 2006
    Is anyone getting text alignment issue in Firefox? Especially with the new update to

Does it have something to do with the font book? - look at the first paragraph, especially the text near links. look at the far right of the page, the text just extrudes out of the screen ...

The same deal with typing in a text box, the cursor lags behind what I typed, so I cannot see what i've written.
    In Safari its fine.
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I see what you're saying but it's not happening for me. Try making the window a smaller width to see if it continues.

I have had trouble like that when the page encoding and the text encoding don't match but that seems to happen with any browser.
  3. benneh thread starter macrumors member

Oct 20, 2006
    :( no that didn't work..
    a small workaround i found was to shrink the text (cmd + -)
    I hope Mozilla realises this problem and find a fix..
  4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    It does something similar for me every now and then, too, especially if I've been using Minefield for a while and gone back to FF2. It seems this sometimes causes the Default font preferences to go haywire, or simply disappear (trying to use some Abadi font no matter what...)

I can fix it by (re)setting the default font(s) in FF preferences -> Content (-> Default Font: Advanced).
  5. eluk macrumors 6502a

Dec 14, 2006
    East London, UK
    I had similar problems in Thunderbird at one time. I'm not sure how it got resolved.