firefox = tinyfonts are unclear?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orijinal, Aug 11, 2006.

1. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

i notice this on several pages, many of my small fonts are not clear and are jagged. this appears on many pages.

left is firefox, right is safari (for difference)

how can i rectify this?
    [​IMG]

2. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

i think this has to do with the minimum font size. does anyone know what safari's default setting is for this, so i may adjust firefox's to match the same?

3. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I'm not on my iBook now but there is a userChrome.css file that you can use to adjust font properties.

spotlight userChrome.css, this is for Firefox

4. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I'm not sure if this works on macs (I haven't had a chance to try it yet), but I know it does on pcs. Ctrl + increases font size and ctrl - decreases on any webpage.

5. orijinal thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

hmm, i just fooled around with the firefox preferences for font size, and set my minimum font size to 10 and it looks spot on to safari. thanks for the suggestions though.

bowens: that's a handy tip too, it looks like on mac's it's command and +/-

--
    just going further, i noticed that firefox doesn't have as good of a laguage support as safari? for example, http://www.wikipedia.org/... look at the links under 1000+ and 100+, do you guys running firefox see a lot of ????'s ?
    in safari, there are none of these, and each language is rendered completely.