Firefox weird problem.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by slooksterPSV, Nov 16, 2004.

1. macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Hey the forums button on the website is very strange. it has missing lines and color and its transparent on the side basically and yeah their are missing pixels. Its not like that with IE or Safari, but I just thought I would let you know.

2. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

can you take a screen shot for us?

3. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Looks fine to me - Firefox 1.0, OS X 10.3.6

4. macrumors 68000

looks fine to me as well. Firefox 0.8 on windows and firefox 1.0 on windows

5. macrumors member

Hi,
    I've seen a similar funny effect like that using Firefox 1 on an eMac running 10.3.6, it appears to be an issue with the graphics card as far as I can tell. The same site is fine on my other Macs using Firefox 1.

Cheers,

Rick

6. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Why do people use firefox for mac? Camino (coccoa) and Safari seem so much better.

7. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I only use Firefox to check my email on google. Since I only have Jaguar I can only get version 1.0.2 of Safari or something like that.

8. macrumors regular

I can only speak from personal experience, but I have found websites that use Java don't work very well on Safari. Like I said, that is just my personal experience and other people may have different feelings about Safari but the same websites work fine in Firefox.

9. macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had a problem with firefox crashing on them? i have a pm g5 dp 2.5 and everytime i hit the bookmarks tab in firefox it crashes. I reloaded it with different versions, one was supposed to be optimised for g5 macs, and it still happens every time. :confused:

10. thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I could go try it in my Web Design class. Try repairing permissions, mine are bad lately.

11. macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I've found Firefox to be: more stable, faster, compatible than Safari, especially the G4/G5 optimized versions. Not to mention the extensions you can get, like the FlashBlocker that prevents Flash ads from loading (which usually slows my computer to a crawl).

And to stick to topic, I have no problems with any part of this site on Firefox, but have on Safari in the past.

12. macrumors 68000

latergator116

I find Safari to be very bloated and slow. I also can't stand the stop button that doubles up as a refresh button. And as someone has already mentioned, it has trouble loading certain web pages.

13. bux
    macrumors regular

What is Safari is bloated?
    Safari is the cleanest web browser I have ever used, and I have used quite a lot.

As for the speed, the only web browser with the same speed (yes speed, not slowness) I have used is konqueror and I do know why that is too :)
    Safari is fast to launch and fast to use too.

Maybe it's just my personal experience I don't know, but I really love Safari.

14. macrumors 68000

latergator116

I used to love Safari, but it seems as if it has gotten slower with all the updates. I love the interface, but it just wish it was a little faster. It is still a million times better than IE though. ;)