firefox wont minimize

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gre2974, Feb 26, 2007.

1. gre2974 macrumors newbie

I'm using version 2.0.0.2

If i close the app and restart it it seems to work then after a while of surfing the web the problems reoccurs. Anyone else get this problem.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Have you recently installed any new extensions for Firefox? It's possible that one of those is contributing to the problem. Try disabling or uninstalling some of them and try again until you find the problematic extension or discover that none of your extensions are causing the problem.

3. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

same thing here...except i don't even have any extensions installed. from time to time i've noticed the red/yellow/green button failing to respond and if you try to reposition a window it will snap itself to some arbitrary spot on the screen.

not too sure why this is happening because the previous release of Firefox ran pretty well.

4. JDN macrumors 6502a

I have been having issues with firefox for a couple of weeks. Things like it not minimising, or not closing. Or not being able to type into the URL bar. I got so annoyed i've moved over to Camino in hope of better things.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Did you know that Firefox 2.0.0.2 was released last week?

I doubt you could be having problems with that version for a couple of weeks.

6. JDN macrumors 6502a

Well which ever version i had, it was playing up every single time i used it, so i dropped it.

I just checked and i am running 2.0.0.2 ... so im guessing the update hasn't solved any of my issues as i have been having them for about 2 weeks at least.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

As I've mentioned to other people in the past, if you had a Firefox profile since version 1.0 or earlier, there was apparently data corruption. I encountered the problem and saved things like bookmarks and deleted the profile to start clean. After that, I had few strange things happen with 1.5 and almost none with version 2.0.x.

It seems that there are extra problems with the Intel-based version of Firefox.

8. thegrifman macrumors regular

I'm experiencing this problem too and found that though the minimize button doesn't work, I can still double-click on the title bar to minimize.