Firefox Won't Open After Archive Install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aziz2, Feb 10, 2005.

1. aziz2 macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2004
    I can't open Firefox (or Limewire) after doing a recent Archive and Install, as per the Apple Support website, I upgraded my OS back to his previous installed version, but it didn't help.

I've tried reinstalling both programs, but still had no luck. Another weird thing is that iTunes keeps asking me to Agree to the License Agreement everytime I open it up.

What should I do?
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Can you download and reinstall Firefox?
  3. aziz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2004
    I tried reinstalling several times to no avail, sorry I didn't mention that earlier (edited to include that now.)
  4. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    Have you reinstalled Firefox or simply tried opening the version you already had? I'd do a Finder search for anything with Firefox in the name and delete those files/folders, then reinstall.

Edit: sorry, was typing as you replied above. Have you deleted previous Firefox files?
  5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
  6. aziz2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2004
  7. dontmatter macrumors 6502a

8. Timelessblur macrumors 65816

Jun 26, 2004
    Ok you need to find the prefences folder with all data held of firefox and deleted it.
    WHen you unistall it it does not remove the profil data. Run a search for Mozilla or firefox on you computer after you uinstall it and deleted everything that comes up and then reinstall it. The Extestion or what ever you add is what doing the damage and keeping it from working right