Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Solafaa, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Do you use firefox or safari? i have been using safari for so long but ive been having problems with it, a bit slow at loading images, sometimes i need to reload the page and when downloading something its just closes for no reason. I made the switch to firefox today and have had no problems what so ever. Any of you using firefox?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I don't think it is your browser, I think you need more RAM in your Power Mac. :D

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

2GB ram in my PB is enough i think.

4. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

I suggest using Camino *points at sig* it's very fast and lightweight, and unlike Firefox 100% mac-like.

5. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Firefox indeed

I have a dualie 2.7 with 5 gigs of ram and safari is slow and glitchy. I switched to Firefox 2 days ago and can't believe the speed. The pages load as if they were located on my hard drive. For me, Firefox is very, very fast, especially when compared to safari. I've had the same problems as mentioned above and I'm glad to use Firefox. Sorry, I don't think ram is the problem here.

6. gangst macrumors 6502a

yea, i can see what you mean, slow loading kept getting on my nerves and i didn't like the look of firefox much, so now i use camino, its an excellent browser.

7. Linkjeniero macrumors 6502

The RAM thing iGary said was obviously a joke... :rolleyes: Who the hell would need that much RAM just to surf the web? For that, even 256 are enough (using Firefox, that is).

8. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

WOW u have a rele nice setup, PB G4, Powermac G5, iMac G5!!! wow, i envy u

9. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Well, I was using Safari and got bit by the bug like in this thread, so I downloaded Firefox (1.0.4). I really wanted to switch to the fox, I loved it, but I had to switch back to Safari because Firefox didn't load pages slow (much faster than Safari), but because the actual app hung, about a one minute hang every fifteen minutes! This really, REALLY bugged me, and I slowly started using Safari again. But now I will try Camino...

llama :eek:

10. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Me too! *points at sig* Seriously, you won't regret it.

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, I use Firefox, as I've said in the 10 or so other threads on this matter. :p

I find overall, that I'm quite a bit more comfortable with a multiple platform application, even though there are plug-in problems still.