Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iQuit, Jul 15, 2005.

1. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

I have downloaded firefox before because Safari won't allow me to go on a few sites. I just don't like that it is missing a lot of things like you can't copy and image. Anyone know if this is fixed?

2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Safari 2.0 lets you copy images. What sites won't it work with?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Are you talking about features missing in Safari or in FF? If you want to copy and paste an image from FF to another app, just drag the image from FF to the other app. If you want to save a copy, drag the image to the desktop. There are relatively few things FF cannot do that Safari can. Although at present, I am using Safari primarily, and playing around with FF, albeit only in the Deer Park incarnation, occasionally.

4. nateko macrumors newbie

Safari and MLB.com

Just adding a related comment....

I too primarily use Safari but have recently downloaded Firefox for viewing MLB.com. Safari does not update the "gameday" viewer. Gameday opens and gives me all the information but will not update to show any action that occurred on the field. Gameday previously worked on Safari but for some reason it stopped after I updated either Safari or OSX.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm running 10.3.9 and the latest Safari.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I checked out that site...what am I looking for? When I clicked on Gameday, some video started playing on the right side of the screen. It looks like the video is embedded in Flash. You might try re-installing the Flash plugin... the communication lines between it and Safari might have gotten screwed up somehow.

BTW, how is it that you are running Safari 2.0 (412.2) on Panther? Or do you mean the last revision of Safari for Panther (1.3.x)? I thought the latest revision of Safari was Tiger only.

6. iQuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

iQuit

It is just annoying that I can't right click an image and copy it....also does FF have where your right click on an image and you can open it in a new window? I love doing this on Mac because I can have the direct link to the image.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Safari is probably using its cache to display the gameday viewer. Select the Safari > Empty Cache... to empty your cache.