Firefox

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikefly, Feb 6, 2007.

1. mikefly macrumors regular

Heya,

Having trouble with firefox.. it seems to be freezing a fair amount -- also, it has been unfrozen, but unwilling to accept text entry (i.e. useless)

any ideas why this is happening? is it just buggy? is there a fix? -- latest version of firefox for OSX.

Thanks,

Mike

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    happens to me, it's an issue I raised in a thread a while back.

My solution is to do the keyboard shortcut for a new window apple+N. Then the shortcut to close it, apple+w. your original window should now be "unfrozen, and you can type text again"

at least that's what works for me

:cool:

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

thats not the same problem as OP's

for OP.
    u can either delete ur profile folder (~/library/application support/firefox) (will lose bookmarks, password, extensions and themes, sure, u can backup bookmarks and passwords first if u want)

or u can give up, if u don't really like firefox, there are many other choices.

what u described is not a bug, and probably related to your own settings.

4. Glenny2lappies macrumors 6502

I hate to give you a windoze answer, but I had problems with Firefox a while back and de-installed then re-installed it. This cleared up the problem.

Also there may be problems with flash - this has killed my version a few times.

Firefox; are there alternative browsers? Not when you install the addins:
    - addblock - blocks ads, just like the web was in '95
    - mouse gestures - wonderful feature lifted from Opera, makes browsing much easier
    - web developer toolbar. Simply the dogs bollocks for web development (try <cmd><shift>S to see what sites look like without styles)

Do persevere. There's obviously something wrong.

5. mikefly thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Hmm.. all seems like good advice..

I much prefer Firefox to Safari - - tabbed browsing!! -- even explorer has added this feature.

I'll try a reinstall, but I kinda doubt it's any settings I put in, as it's a fresh d/l and I haven't added or changed anything.

Mike

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    can't enter text....that's the same problem I have.

same problem I'm referring to