Firewall Stuff

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sobering, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Sobering, Nov 7, 2006
    Last edited: May 15, 2012

Sobering macrumors regular

Hey guys. Yesterday I attempted to do a video call to my friend using iChat. I kept getting problems when connecting to her MacBook's iSight. Now I am on an iMac C2D, and right now and am getting my internet wirelessly. So after this not working I decided to go bring my iMac to my actual modem and plug straight into the modem (no wireless router in between). It worked like a charm. But I don't want to have to move my computer out to the next room every time I want to video call. How can I bypass the router's protection on a wireless connection when using iChat?

2. Sobering thread starter macrumors regular

Oh and I'm VERY sorry for the double thread post. I didn't realize that had happened. Anyways, heres some additional information that some of you might need. I am using a linksys srx 200 and have a Shaw cable connection.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

you will need to allow it through a port forwarding on your wireless router, i think it may be 6890 to 6900, thats what it was for me, using amsn for video using isight, if not im sure it will say in ichat help or on the support page on apple.com