Firewire - is there such a thing as.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TraceyS/FL, Mar 25, 2007.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

A right angle cable? This honkin' FW400 cable sticking out of the side of my MBP is a bit "ugly" on my small desk. I have visions of a 90 bend where this sheild thing is. Maybe that is it.... if it didn't have that big thing on it....

Of course, a bigger desk area would be nice too - but for now this will have to do!

[​IMG]

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Google "right angle firewire cable" - there are plenty of options. :)

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Cool!

I stink at ever finding what i'm looking for - so i never think to do that!! (seriously, even my husband comments on my inability to find what he needs me to - he can't spell! LOL!!)

I'm psyched!!! Thanks!!!! :D

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

That's gunna cost me - found a bunch of other stuff i didn't know i needed!! Thanks again!!! (My mom thanks you too!)

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you really want to spend some money, apple sells aesthetically pleasing firewire cables, both short and long. it might not be a right angle cable, but it'll match the usb cable sticking out there.

6. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

The cable to my printer is mega-sheilded, i have no clue if it NEEDS to be, but hey - Epson took the time to include it, so i'll use it.

There is a right angle 6" thing I found there that i'll probably get. It solves the main issue of it taking up a lot of space that I "need" otherwise (aka, more space to pile stuff). This is my temporary desk - so i'm not as concerned about looks at the moment. Function is it....

The next question of the night became how come my Dad's Sony towers that have FW800 don't have a different connection for it? They use the same port as the FW400 port on the MacPro he has. He'd never seen that 800 style before,.... I had no answers for him, I don't own an 800 device!

7. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

If it doesn't have a FW800 plug (which is more square than FW400) and use a FW800 cable, it isn't FW800. :(

8. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

It doesn't mater whether it's on a PC or Mac, Firewire 800 socket is more square and doesn't have a "pointy" shape at one side.

FJ

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Google never ceases to amaze me! :D :cool: :)