Firewire/USB Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Vurt, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Vurt macrumors newbie

I have an iMac DV 450mhz and am having problems at start-up and recognizing my firewire.

I have a GVP 80gb firewire drive and an EZ Boa cd burner which have both been working fine until earlier this week. Now I can't access either of them and the computer will only restart when I unplug all the external devices...including the keyboard. (it gets to the start up screen begins to start up and then freezes). I managed to get the firewire drive to mount a couple of times but it usually freezes the computer. I updated my firmware to 4.1.9 and after start up I can plug all my USB devices back in and they work...but the Firewire peripherals won't show up...what can I do?:confused: I have important work on my firewire drive..most of which is backed up...but it is so frustrating not being able to use it.

I have tried to start-up with extensions off..still freezes if peripherals are plugged in.

I have zapped the pram and rebuilt the desk top still the same problem.

All disc utlilities I use say that everything is fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated

:D

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

if it was me...

I would wipe the internal drive and do a clean install of the OS... your FireWire drive, I hope, will still be intacted.