firewire zip drives

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by krossfyter, May 8, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
    in the world of externals...

which ones do you all prefer? which are the best?

should one get a firewire one or a usb one?
  2. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    The USB zip drive is sloooow. It might just be me, but moving a 200Mb file onto a zip disk seemed to take forever, and the computer was completely unresponsive during the transfer (as in, i almost thought i had crashed!). Sorry, iomega zips are not my favourite product :p

Go for the firewire. The firewire adapter is an add-on that slots onto the back of the drive, so you're getting both USB and firewire. Please though, don't even consider the 100Mb drive!
  3. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Externals..... I love my Maxtor 'Fridge Buzz' 80Gb Firewire drive...... huge storage....

I'd like one of those new ultra fast firewire CD-RW, they can pretty much burn a disc in the same time it takes to copy 200Mb onto a zip drive.... one of these would pretty much finish off my use for zip drive!!! Alot of stuff I do, 200Mb isn't enough!! Plus Zip discs are still too expensive!!

I'd also like a DVD burner, for archiving, and so I can preview my DVD projects on consumer DVD players without having to send them to a mastering company first!! :D

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy!! I would like:

A bigger Firewire drive
    An ultra fast firewire CD-RW
    DVD Burner

Oh and a TiBook 800 to make full use of these puppies!! ;)

A goodboy iGAV