firewire zip drives

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by krossfyter, May 8, 2002.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

in the world of externals...

which ones do you all prefer? which are the best?

should one get a firewire one or a usb one?

2. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

The USB zip drive is sloooow. It might just be me, but moving a 200Mb file onto a zip disk seemed to take forever, and the computer was completely unresponsive during the transfer (as in, i almost thought i had crashed!). Sorry, iomega zips are not my favourite product :p

Go for the firewire. The firewire adapter is an add-on that slots onto the back of the drive, so you're getting both USB and firewire. Please though, don't even consider the 100Mb drive!

3. iGav macrumors G3

Externals..... I love my Maxtor 'Fridge Buzz' 80Gb Firewire drive...... huge storage....

I'd like one of those new ultra fast firewire CD-RW, they can pretty much burn a disc in the same time it takes to copy 200Mb onto a zip drive.... one of these would pretty much finish off my use for zip drive!!! Alot of stuff I do, 200Mb isn't enough!! Plus Zip discs are still too expensive!!

I'd also like a DVD burner, for archiving, and so I can preview my DVD projects on consumer DVD players without having to send them to a mastering company first!! :D

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy!! I would like:

A bigger Firewire drive
    An ultra fast firewire CD-RW
    DVD Burner

Oh and a TiBook 800 to make full use of these puppies!! ;)

From

A goodboy iGAV

:p