Firms with Bush ties snag Katrina deals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Sep 11, 2005.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

2. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

It's unbelievable, the amount of corruption and incompetence that is given a free pass when it comes to this Administration. I am sure that there is some on both sides of the aisle, to a certain extent. But the amount of corruption in the Republican party has become almost cartoonish lately. They remind me of the robbers in cartoons, the ones who run around with the bags that have the dollar signs on them.

[​IMG]

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

To this day, I'm still amazed that Clinton nearly gets kicked out of office for getting a BJ from his intern while Bush is the most corrupt president we've ever had and is praised. So, I guess it's OK for us to lie, cheat and steal, as long as we keep our pants zipped up?

Oh, what a great country this is indeed. :rolleyes:

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

No- it's only OK if we're Christian, or claim to be.

5. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Which, when you think about, is even worse. Though it shows that corruption spreads all the way into a number of major churches, because they all support Bush as being this marvelous Christian leader.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

And that is what makes this administration so terrifying.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

As someone who criticized Clinton, I long for the days of his mere adequacy. I'm amazed that so many people let Bush and his crew get away with so much just because he has an (R) next to his name. I know a lot of people who defend the stupid crap the Dems do, but none of it this bad. And plenty of them have no problem criticizing "their own".

8. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Once New Orleans is rebuilt perhaps the Republicans will add insult to injury by officially having it renamed Cheyneyville.

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Clinton is a Christian too. :confused:

10. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I think as long as he keeps killing terrorists he will be forgiven a lot.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

12. Zaid macrumors 6502

Well i guess that's it then. The US is now officially a Cronyocracy, next stop kleptocracy!

13. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, but he was a "liberal"- so it doesn't matter. Everybody knows that a "liberal" can't really be a Christian. ;)

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

From the story:
    The remainder of the story spends a lot of time reminding us who Halliburton is; for some reason, they fail to mention who heads up the Shaw Group. It's Jim Bernhard, the Chairman of the Lousiana Democratic Party. According to his bio, he co-chaired the transition team for the governor of Louisiana, Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco.

15. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

But the Shaw Group is still Bush's campaign manager's client. I fail to see the relevance. Just because a Democrat is involved, that's supposed to make it less unethical? Point is- Bush is doling out federal tax dollars to all his buddies and their clients. And I'm sure the reason they spend more time on Halliburton is due to Cheney's direct ties to them.

16. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

oh, but we've been there for a while...

17. tristan macrumors 6502a

"Hey, a hurricane! What a great opportunity to loot the treasury."

It's sick. And these guys obviously don't believe in free enterprise, that's just a smokescreen. They believe in fat, dumb, and happy.

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm sure it's all a big mess of kickbacks and favors. Everyone is profiteering from this. People always do with things like this, and they don't get punished because they line the pockets of the politicians who should be watching them. Dems do it too, no one is surprised by that.

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- I keep trying to stress this. This is not about Democrat vs. Republican. This is about what's going on right now, with this particular president.