Firmware or database died

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nick004, Nov 15, 2005.

1. nick004 macrumors regular

Hello all,

My first post! Have been reading these forums for a while but never find the energy to post, anyway. I searched the forums but couldn't find a relevant topic for this issue. So if one exist please just post a ink and i'll check it out

My issue is that my iPod 4th gen isn't picking up any of the songs on it. When i click artists or any such option on the iPod nothing is displayed, as if there is no music on the ipod. But i can see it is all there. When just browse the iPod with anything other than iTunes (doesn't even pick up the device) or the iPod it picks up the files. I want to know what program would work best to back up all these files to a PC, as it has enough disk space for this task. EphPod can find all the files but can't copy everyone across. If anyone can help or knows of a program that may please let me know.

2. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

3. nick004 thread starter macrumors regular

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does resetting the iPod (holding the top of the click wheel and the middle button) let you see your music again? This used to work for me when my iPod did the same thing. :)