First 12 inch PowerBooks Arrive

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 29, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

One reader reports receiving his new 12" PowerBook today, meaning they have started shipping.

2. macrumors G3

QCassidy352

one apple retail store i called told me that they had them in stock, but that they had already sold out, and would be getting more this week.

3. macrumors member

Mine is stuck in Alaska custums right now. It is scheduled to arrive wednesday morning via FedEX.

4. macrumors newbie

12" powerbooks are for babies.

12 " powerbooks are for babies. You know what they say about the size of you powerbook...

Proud owner of a 17" massive, big boy powerbook!

5. macrumors 6502a

Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

This has to be one of the most immature comments i've ever heard. Can we keep the discussion at the adult level? It's fine to support your preferred product, but there is no need for name calling.

6. macrumors 6502a

etoiles

...do you feel the need to compensate for anything ?
    :p
    (still waiting for my tiny 12"PB :D )

7. macrumors member

finally (almost)

my 15" pb has FINALLY reached it hear in Chico, CA, from Taipai. Damn it's been so long. Unfortunately, it's still in the shipping here at my school. Damnit, so I'll either have it here by 5PM today, or tomorrow. tHIS WAIT HAS BEEN SO LONG

8. macrumors 6502a

9. macrumors regular

Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Relax... I think he was joking...

10. macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

i think that's what the emoticons are for...you know, to denote a joke ;)

11. macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Emoticons are for babies and ladies...and for people who buy 12" powerbooks.

12. macrumors regular

Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Yea, I know the convention is to use the emoticons to denote joking, but I don't always do it because I expect people to just get it... It kind of ruins any humor to have to tell people where the punch line is!

A friend of mine got a 12 inch PB delivered last Friday. She said that she ordered the newest model. I told her to check and make sure that they didn't send her an old one as it seemed a little early, but who knows, maybe she got one of the firsts!

13. macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

Not to be a downer, but obviously not everyone gets it when you don't use them!! :)

14. macrumors 6502a

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 12" powerbooks are for babies.

don't forget about people who add depth to the gene pool...and like 12" powerbooks :eek:

15. macrumors regular

I was going to get the 12" but ended up going for the 15" and it came two days later - I was amazed ... and this is down here in Oz!!

Still glad to hear the 12"s are out now too - I haven't regretted getting the new PB once - it's a truly sweet machine. :D

16. macrumors 6502

This is a sore subject for some of us; they have been shipping in a strange order. Many reports are coming from people who ordered theirs on 9/16 after the keynote who are receiving theirs, when many others (myself included) who ordered as early as the 4th (or the 10th in my case) are still waiting for shipment.

But from what I hear, the new 12" is great! Can't wait to get mine!

17. macrumors member

that's exciting, i have a 15 on the way, and i've seen pictures of people who've gotten those, so i'm happy! the apple site says it will ship out at the latest on the 30th, and i have 2 day shipping, so it'll be here on the 2nd, at the latest!

18. macrumors newbie

15" PowerBook delays

I'm also still waiting for a 15" powerbook, ordered Sept. 20th. It was a custom build, though. The mini saga is here.

19. macrumors newbie

This makes me (unhappy)...

I ordered mine within 30 minutes of the announcement, and my ship date has been upped to 10/3/03.

Arrrrgh!

20. macrumors 6502

Hey, I ordered mine 6 days before the announcement, and mine is also 10/3. :confused:

21. macrumors member

I want to add that my Powerbook has made it out of custums, and has no been moved up to tommorow morning to receive. Too bad I don't get home until 7 pm tommorow! :(

I ordered mine the day after the announcement, but I'm an education user. That might of moved me up in priority.

22. dho
    macrumors 6502

gunnmjk:

considering the time it has taken to get the g5's shiped I wouldn't feel too impatient if I were you.

Because after-all 3 months shiptime is "normal":D

be sure to tell us about it when you get it

edit:

note to self...

read ALL posts before posting

23. macrumors regular

ugh

I ordered mine the morning after the announcement and I've been pushed back to the 3rd. I think it's because Apple hates me. I got a 10gig ipod a couple days ago and I'm just playing solitaire until my pb comes to give it some meaning. I was also wondering how all you people know that your shipping options have changed?

24. Raz
    macrumors newbie

Me too :(

Yea, I got my 10gig iPod a few days ago, and apple also postponed my PB12 to the 3rd, and im in canada so their overnight shipping is 3-6 days :-/ Either way, I did call and bitch and atleast Im getting my overnight shipping money back (22 dollars) but I have a secret plan to call and whine once Panther is out - I want it for free for having to wait :( I ordered... a LONG time ago ... I think atleast three weeks ish if not longer.

- Rasmus

25. macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

At Macworld Expo, an adventurous Mac User tries a new pick-up line:

"They say that guys who buy big PowerBooks are trying to compensate for something. Baby, I don't even HAVE a PowerBook!"