First Amendment no big deal, students say

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Scary stuff.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

3. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

The "thunk" you heard was a brick falling out of my ass. I guess the "Work, Consume, Obey" theme is working only too well in this country.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Democracy, freedom and liberty were getting old anyway.

Plus, all of them are just old French ideas, and who wants to be associated with those losers?

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Ouch. But then again, high scoolers aren't known to be the brightest (coming from a high schooler).

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Lack of intelligence and ignorance are separate matters. The former can't be remedied, but curing them of the latter is the reason why kids are in school.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I blame the schools, lets see we have sex ed got to know how to use a condom, dss class got to know your parents cant spank you and neither the cops, and then we have Rap class & social studies... so at the end of the day when some freaking idiot powermonger tyrant comes to power these kids will be ripe for the picking for the Hitlers,Stalins and Saddams of the world. This is scary when you think of all those who have given their lives just so we could have this and then these kids think its something not important or even matters. This is the kind of thinking that allows the George Bush's of the world to trample rights, laws and freedoms as he has done here and abroad. Think im wrong take a good look at the Patriot act. Its happening even now. Without the first amendment WE WOULD BE DOOMED.