First Apple device ever: How to a put a picture onto the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HatingTheIphone, Dec 8, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2012
    I have been searching for two days and for the life of me cannot figure this out. Be it wallpaper, pictures, videos, anything. I have Windows 7. Please, can anyone provide a step-by-step?
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2012
    Already seen that and I'm stuck at step 2...
    To sync photos from a Mac or Windows PC to your device using photo applications
    1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
    2. In iTunes, select your device's icon in the Devices list on the left.
    First, I do not see an "Devices list" on the left. If I enable the Menu bar, I see File >> Devices >> but no icon? Going further I cannot find anything remotely close to a Photos tab. So yea, still searching and wandering.
  4. macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2011
    San Juan
    It's in the right side now

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you can't actually copy pictures from your computer to your iPhone. You have to use iCloud now.
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2012
    My phone icon wasn't appearing over there like on your screen so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it finally appeared. Never seen that over there before. Thanks, got it work. Still think Apple needs to get their **** together and update their manuals. Assuming I can do this for videos and whatnot, I might give this phone another couple weeks before I make my decision now.
  7. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Completely false. I sync with aperture all the time. Why would you think this?