First Bryce Work

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Aug 9, 2002.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

Ahh, never mind. The link is fixed.

That's cool, man. How long to design that?

This probably gives new meaning to the expression "the floor of the sky". Was there ever any? :D :p

2. vitruvius macrumors regular

thats nice for your first attempt, i like the tube material, is it a predefined one or you were playing with the material editor ( that editor seems to me one of the most complicated interfaces to understand in 3D softwares) if u are looking for some inspiration maybe u can take a look at www.3dlinks.com and go for the Bryce gallery, i ve seen great works made in Bryce.

keep experimenting!! a constant work and the search for new ways of expression is the way to go where u are in 3D Business :)

3. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

thanks, I was just messong with it, and its so easy to use, I was just playing with the reflections and refractions and trying to get a nice surface on it to get a nice look

but it takes ages to render, but its worth the wait

4. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

well, it took almost 45mins to get it how I liked it and then about 45mins to render it, I heard it works quicker in OS9 but I prefer OSX

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

dude that's awesome!! :D

how long does that sort of thing take to create?

6. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

man that site has some of the most awesome stuff I have ever seen
    http://www.petersharpe.com/Tutorial14.htm
    man that is the coolest thing I have ever seen its just a waterfall but damn....

I'm gonna start doing alot more stuff

7. vitruvius macrumors regular

yikes!!

yikes!! 45 min to render ?? :eek:

a similar image can take no more than 10 minutes on Cinema 4D in my TiBook 667 !! Bryce is a powerfull tool but the rendering engine is sooo slooww

u can take a look at vue d'spirit its a French App that do basically the same things as Bryce but it born native for OSX so it is probably faster in renderings, heres the link to the page

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Products/vue4/index.php

there u can find a demo if u want to give it a try

maybe u can take a look to Poser, is a good complement App for include Human figures ( or animals ) into your landscapes, its not OSX compatible yet but its a great tool and produce amazing results (rendering times are long also, maybe cause both apps come from the same Software Co. -Metacreations- but it worth it)

dont forget to post your next works !

heres some example of my Poser work:

Attached Files:

8. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

wow, thats some nice work

3d is insanly fun, It hard but the results are much better

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What version of Bryce do you have?
    Here's a pic I did a couple of years ago in Bryce 2 (I think), I went a little wacky with the textures but I still like the overall design :D

Attached Files:

10. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Cool, I also have that now (Both PC and Mac versions), I love it, it's so easy to use.

12. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

I heard its faster on a PC, but since I don't have one my mac will do(fist time I said that) :D

which is faster for rendering

13. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

14. vitruvius macrumors regular

mmm.. is that aquaman's aquamovile? he he he :p anyway, i like it, is still weird, but i like it:)

15. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

whats with Bryce making the images funny when you export them to a standard format? Like i made an image and on the desktop, the preview thing in column view has colours stuffed and if i open it in preview, same result..then i set it as a desktop and the colours are normal...anyway...144.132.228.150/fat has some experimental things I did after seeing mac15's work...I think the tree is my best one...the others are just standard things you see all over the internet...

edit: I just noticed that my pictures screenshots..if anyone really wants the originals, just email me..

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

Man, you guys have too much time on your hands. :)

I just have my little free 3D app, Strata 3.5 Base; that's what I used for the text rotation for my avatar, which I soon plan to update.

Until I need something professional, I'll save a few hundred/thousand dollars until I need it. :p

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: yikes!!

Ok, that really looks cool - I wanted to do a terrain and wooded area on an island for my gallery, but to do that in Lightwave is a pain - but since Vue imports/exports lightwave models with textures it might be a great little app for doing exterior shots. I'm really impressed with the quality and the price.

Have you used it at all? What's the rendering like? I'm going to download the demo and give it a go - see what happens.

D

18. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

I thought the quality was bad, It had little jagies everywhere so I didn't like it, and I think we have all caught the 3d bug, and its feels so good

19. mac15 thread starter macrumors 68040

mac15

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Bryce does some nice stuff, but the real trick is to make it look like it wasn't done in Bryce - that takes a little more work.

D