First Canadian Apple Store (some pics)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bostonwhaler1, May 21, 2005.

1. bostonwhaler1 macrumors member

Hey guys!

I'm in line at Yorkdale mall in Toronto, waiting for Canada's first Apple Store to open. Took a few pics! Feel free to check 'em out! Hundreds of Mac fans in line this morning.

Only one more hour!

Yorkdale Photos

Edit: Updated URL. All my shots are up there now. What a great morning. Got my Apple Yorkdale shirt and everyone seemed to have a great time!

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hey, did you get anything cool?

I'm a Torontonian and living in Oz right now, and if I was in Toronto I would have come down too! :(

Man, I can't believe I missed the Canadian grand opening. I've waited for so long. :( :(

Maybe if Vaughan Mills ever gets one, and I'm in town, I'll go down and go to an even BIGGER store!

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Nice.
    I think this is where iPod sales are going.

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Wow you so lucky. I hope the next Apple Store opens in Vancouver, I would definately be first in line.

I'll be coming to Toronto in a month so I will try and make it out there.

5. rock6079 macrumors 6502

glad to see some people from MR were there.. was a long day... woke up at 7am.. from the looks of your pictures there were no outside ones.. so im assuming you were there before me.. i have tons of pictures im gonna upload now. was a great day. very awesome ! (couldnt believe the line).. btw i was number 586 in line !

6. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

You counted how many people were infront of you?!?! :confused: :confused:

Wow you must have been waiting in line longer than I thought.

7. ----Bowie---- macrumors regular

I'm happy to see that they finally opened a store in Canada, and only 1.5 hours away from me! I hope more will follow soon! They should build a big one downtown Toronto, or in Vancouver or Montreal.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Nice pictures bostonwhaler1, thank your for posting them. Seems that a good time was had by all. There is always a lot of excitement at these events. ;)

9. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

cool, nice to see there was such a great turnout though.

i hope apple retail isn't slowly winding down now though. i would've thought their first canadian store would be a flagship.. i guess i just wanted it to be a flagship because my nearest store (regent st) is a flagship and it's cool.

i'm glad you guys finally have your own apple retail store :)

10. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Ottawa needs a store, it is the nation's capital, and 2 hours closer then Toronto to my house.

11. rock6079 macrumors 6502

no no .. there was some guy that worked at yorkdale walking the line with a counter.. i asked him what he was at once he got to me... 586 :) and well worth it

edit: 568 :p

12. bostonwhaler1 thread starter macrumors member

I think I arrived just on time! Got there around 6:45am and was about 150th in line. Second batch allowed in to the store!

A great time was indeed had by all! Very positive attitude from everyone. My favorite part was the look on the faces of all the regular shoppers who were wondering why we're so crazy to line up for a retail store. But I didn't expect them to understand. It's a Mac thing, right? :D

Doesn't seem to me like Apple Retail is declining. All told, I'm sure there were at least 1500 people who lined up, maybe even more. By noon, there was still a line all the way out the mall!

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

14. Col127 macrumors 6502

i gotta say that i was a little disappointed. i've been waiting for a canadian apple store for ages now but i had NO idea that it was such a small little store! the store did look great, but it was really hard to navigate admongst so many people. i'll have to go back sometime and really take a look. i think i was in line at around 7:10 or so, but i forgot to ask the guy what spot i was! darn. :p