iPad mini First come first serve at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ElectroGeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2012
    Hi. New to MacRumors and I'm loving all the great info on this forum!

Well earlier at about 10:30, I used the Apple app store to try and purchase and Ipad Mini for in store pick up. To my surprise, it was available for pick up at my local Apple store. I was in the middle of checkout and it said "Session Timed Out" and then it was unavailable for pick up. So it basically sold out because I was too slow.

Anyways, if I go to the apple store tomorrow morning when it opens, will they have any available to purchase in store? I'm not sure how the shipments work. But I am assuming that they sell a few online for in store pickup and then sell the rest in store for first come first serve buyers.

Anyone know?
  2. JS3
    macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2010
    They get shipments 6 days a week but they are random on what items.

I would say to try.
  3. macrumors member

Apr 18, 2012
    If they have the model you want in stock, not all of them are reserved and you are first there then you will be able to buy it.
  4. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2011
    If your local Apple Store is anything like mine, you'll want to be sure to ask more than one sales person if the first person you talk to says they're sold out. My mother-in-law wanted to buy an unlocked iPhone 5. First guy said they were completely sold out; second guy actually (gasp) double checked the inventory and in general, went above and beyond the call of duty spending almost 30 minutes helping m-i-l out.