First Impressions of iTunes for Windows

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 16, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    no anti-aliasing looks ****house, good first impressions. Not bad I guess
  3. macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2003

Some of the writers observations were simply uninformed.

ie. rendezvous not working maybe because they didn't see any settings for it.

funny thats the beauty of rendezvous. also funny that a windows user would have problems with something that doesn't have a bunch of settings.

Rendezvous is actualy a little program that runs in the background, looking and broadcasting. Even on the Mac it is no built into the system, you'll find a little app running, sorry I forget the name. I would imagine the PC is the same since the install doesn't touch the networking settings.

I would also like to note that the system the writer was using is just barely on the bottom of the requirements. A celeron chip is a stripped down pentium in order to keep the cost down, a dual 533 celeron would be just as useless, not to mention iTunes may or may not even support dual systems. (iTunes requires a 500mhz system). So this is probably the reason the UI was a problem for them.

I've used iTunes for windows on a 800mhz Athlon and have been quite impressed, everything works like it should, and I find it runs much much faster then Windows Media Player... not even close. It does not run as fast as winamp (2.0, 3 sucks) but winamp also has little to no features comparably.

just my informed First Impressions :)