first issue with panther...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by krossfyter, Feb 17, 2005.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

okay i just recently downloaded panther (because i have to use a certain app otherwise i wouldnt of moved to panther because im fine with jag) and i selected archive (saves previous files etc... you know). im trying to burn images on discs and im having trouble picking up those images on pcs. it worked fine before i installed panther. there shouldnt be an issue with formatting because supposedly it formats in "hybrid" mode... alwaying use for both mac and pc. anyone have any idea whats going on? maybe some of you all have had the same issue.

thanks for the help.

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I could care less but people will give you hell about downloading it.

jon

3. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

sorry ... i ment "installed" not downloaded.

i was reading past burning problem posts and people are talking about multisession and single session.... im doing a single session. i've tried two different cd-r disks and the problem is the same. i can pick it up on both of my macs but not on two other pcs that ive tried. could it be an archive and install issue? should i just do a clean reinstall? if so i have to go and buy a new external hardrive.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I'm a little drunk so bare with me. Now my mind is kicking in and something is making me thing that hybrid burning was issued in Panther and not Jaguar. Let me do some Google searches cause I am probably wrong.

jon

5. krossfyter thread starter macrumors 601

krossfyter

im under the assumption that no matter what if burning is down under finder ...panther or jaguar... that it burns by default for mac and pc.

anyone know how to fix my problem? this issue is slowing me down and as a result im having to tell my clients that im going to need more time on the work due to technical issues.

6. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

7. ct77 macrumors member

Works for me

I know this isn't very helpful, but I have no problems with burning CD's or DVD's that can be read by PC's.

Try surfing the Apple Discussions forums -- there is usually good, pointed advice there. If not that, try the Apple Support pages.

Failing all else, Google. :D

8. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

All I do is put the CD in, tell it to use Finder, throw the files on, Burn, works on any PC. I don't know where this option of Hybrid mode is.

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Toast yes. Gives you options on Mac & PC, ISO9660, Hybrid, and several others.