First & last page buttons on the MR mobile site

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mrsir2009, Jan 26, 2012.

1. macrumors 604

Hi,

I use the MR mobile site a fair bit on my iPhone when I'm away from home, and when using the forums the lack of first/last page buttons on threads makes navigating to the end of long threads almost impossible... (you have to keep going next next next next next next to get to the end...) I understand that the mobile site is designed to be more simple than the desktop site, so perhaps instead of having all the page numbers there could just be a Frist Page & Last Page buttons?

-Thank you! :)

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Unfortunately, we currently use a standard software package for the mobile forums that isn't very customizable. It has a number of issues with it, and we're planning to move away from it at some point.

3. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Are you going to move away from it altogether or will you also be replacing it with something else?

4. macrumors 603

Menel

Tapatalk is amazing.

I turned my nose up to paying for the first 10-11mo of owning iPhone, well worth it.

5. thread starter macrumors 604

Yeah I've got that now :)

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The plan is to replace it with something else. Whether that's based on a mobile skin that comes as part of vBulletin 4 or some other solution has yet to be decided as far as I know.

WiForums has been useful for mobile access, but carries a number of headaches that we'd like to get rid of.