First Mac Purchase starts sloppy and ends amazing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Spaulding, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Spaulding macrumors newbie

Im making the big switch and it started off kinda rocky. Before work on Tuesday I saw a refurb mac and decided that now was that time and placed the order, after many problems online and my credit card, I called Apple and placed the order. After work I looked again a refurbs and there was a C2D, the other was a CD. I called to cancel the first order and the the CD2; the price diffrence was 50 bucks. They said I would not be billed for the full price, only the $50 price diffrence. Minutes later, my bank proved them wrong.
    Apple charged my account for BOTH purchases and left me more than overdrawn. I called my bank and Apple. Apple fixed the problem within 2 hours and then upgraded my shipping to overnight for free. I was happy and noticed that it was shipped later that night! Turns out, that it was never shipped.
    My order was supposed to arrive today before 3pm. It never showed up, Fed-Ex said Apple never sent it, and Apple said that they did. After about an hour on the phone, the supervisor sent a second book to me overnight. This one actually has a departure scan and WILL arrive before 3 on Friday, and the Fed-Ex site has the same information.
    Im very happy to see what Apple will do for their customers and Im happy to know if I ever have a problem that they will do whatever they can to get my macbook to me ASAP. Before I even have my book, I must say that Apple has the BEST CS I have EVER delt with, bar none. The real test will be if the book shows up tommrow, if it doesnt, well.. Fed-Ex must die.If it does, all is well with the world. Just wanted to share my story.
    J

2. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Glad to hear that all got worked out, that could've been a real horror story.
    Enjoy your new macbook!

3. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

I also just ordered my very first Mac today; an iMac to be precise. I hope the shipping will go well. I'm expecting it for around the 11th of April.

4. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

now because Apple said they already shipped out the original order, what are you going to do if somehow you wind up with 2 MacBook C2Ds?

5. emac82 macrumors 6502

What part of PEI are you from..I live in Moncton but my family is from PEI.

6. Spaulding thread starter macrumors newbie

If I end up with two books, which seems unlikely since the first still has not moved in 36 hours, I will send the first back as that was the deal that we made. With service like that there it is impossible for me to keep both. If it were newegg though.. I just might think about it:p