First Mac- Question..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lil tiger, Jan 14, 2006.

1. lil tiger macrumors member

Jan 14, 2006
    I just bought my first mac on Wednesday (It is supposed to arrive on Monday :D) , and everyone is telling me about the fact that there is no right click. I was just wondering how(/if you even can)you would go about doing copy and paste, opening stuff in a new window, etc.
    Also, what is best for the battery? I was reading other threads around here about how much battery is left and I was just wondering what is the best way to use it.
    Thanks a ton!:eek:
  2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    You can use a two button mouse (or 3 button mouse or more).
    Holding control while you click the mouse will act as a right click.

Make sure you follows apples directions to calibrate the battery. Do this everyone month or 2 and all will be fine.
  3. AuburnTiger macrumors member

Nov 27, 2005
    Ctrl + click is a right click. You can copy and paste that way, or you can use shortcuts.
  4. kwajaln macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2004
    Which model did you get??
  5. lil tiger thread starter macrumors member

Jan 14, 2006
    Wow! Fast replies! Okay, thanks a lot guys, I will look into getting a mouse later on, but for now, I think I will just use the scroll pad and the ctrl click!
    I got a 12" Powerbook G4 :D I am so excited!
    Is the mac os x really hard to get used to? I can't see it being too hard to adapt to , but just wondering about others experiences :)
  6. lil tiger thread starter macrumors member

Jan 14, 2006
    Also, will it be possible to use my ipod on both my laptop and this desktop (windows)? Because until I get my own printer, I can save school projects and stuff on the ipod (hard disk use or whatever) then connect it to this computer and print.. will that work?

Also , if I save my favourites in a folder( + all my other stuff from this computer), and then use my ipod to transfer it over to the powerbook.. will that work? Or will I have to find and save all the favourites again? :S lol