Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
Hey everyone! I just ordered a new Macbook today! Its going to be my first mac ever!:eek: I really excited so i told them i wanted 2 day shipping! The guy on the phone said it would be here by wed! Im so excited i can hardly stand it!!!:D

Heres the specs:
MB 13/1.83 CTO WHITE

With the following configuration:

* Processor 0656306 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
* Memory 0656233 1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM 2x512
* Hard Drive 0656228 100GB Serial ATA drive
* Optical Drive 0656230 Combo Drive
* Modem 0656513 No Modem
* Apple Software Solutions 0656200 No Optional Software
* Adapter 0656515 No Optional Adapter
* Keyboard/Mac OS Language 0656235 Keyboard/Mac OS
* Country Kit/AEX 0656313 Airport Extreme Card andBT

I also got the protection plan and it came out to being 1552.52. Not a bad price for an awesome laptop! Sorry for the rant im just really excted.

xJulianx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton, UK
I ordered mine last Tuesday 3rd, shipped on the 6th and I'm being quote delivery by the 19th, I was never given an option to pay extra for faster shipping :(

Retired
May 16, 2006
Congratulations, and don't forget to ask here if there is anything you want to find out. Look through the forums, there are loads of people who were just like you and asked for tips like which programs are needed, and just cool tricks. First thing to try once you're up and running: Ctrl-alt-command-8.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Congrats on your buy, im sure you will love it :)

Oh by the way, good stuff getting the 100GB HDD. I wish i had when i could have.

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
thanks alot for the welcome guys...now its the waiting part...:cool: the sales person told me it would be here on wed of this week(i upgraded to 2 day shipping) but the online store says dleiverdnext monday....i dont know what to believe.

craigatkinson

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I had never tried this before. I just tried it for the first time when I read this post. It's really cool.

psychofreak said:
Congratulations, and don't forget to ask here if there is anything you want to find out. Look through the forums, there are loads of people who were just like you and asked for tips like which programs are needed, and just cool tricks. First thing to try once you're up and running: Ctrl-alt-command-8.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Congrats on the mac. That's a great little machine you've got there. Be sure to come back and visit!

Simon1966

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
United Kingdom
xJulianx said:
I ordered mine last Tuesday 3rd, shipped on the 6th and I'm being quote delivery by the 19th, I was never given an option to pay extra for faster shipping :(

I am also from the UK and ordered a 2.0Ghz Macbook with standard Ram and upgraded HD to 80gb - I will update ram myself.

I also ordered on October Tuesday 3rd but mine shipped thursday 4Th and it says i can expect delivery on the 19Th.

In the UK you cannot get express delivery like our American cousins can - mores the pity :-(

regards Simon

Uselessdreamer1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
Kentucky
ok tracking was send this morning and i will recieve my macbook on friday! i ordered on monday! thats awesome! ill let everyone know how it is soon!:)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
craigatkinson said:
I had never tried this before. I just tried it for the first time when I read this post. It's really cool.

I dont get why everyone thinks this is 'cool' :rolleyes: all it does is mess up your nice looking OS. Although the actual application for it is for increased contrast for visually imapired users.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
stuartluff said:
I dont get why everyone thinks this is 'cool' :rolleyes: all it does is mess up your nice looking OS. Although the actual application for it is for increased contrast for visually imapired users.
i use it on new mac uses who dont know about it and get them all frustrated. It is hilarious :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.